Commission on College Basketball

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Commission on College Basketball

Post by ProudofPride »

With the fraud recent investigations, the NCAA announced today that they have formed a new Commission on College Basketball to look into several issues that occur nowadays. Very prestigious group of people on the committee, headed by former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, including our own Jeff Hathaway. We're the only mid-major represented on the committee (unless you count David Robinson/Navy), and I also assume that as a school, we have to be in very good standing with the NCAA not even a hint of fraud in the program. I'm surprised he's doing this as well, since he was just recently appointment the Chairman for the Men's Basketball Oversight Committee.

NCAA Release: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... basketball

Committee Members: https://www.ncaa.org/governance/ncaa-co ... basketball
Polito

Re: Commission on College Basketball

Post by Polito »

Good for Jeff, he is definitely working himself into strong roles of influence, which will hopefully help Hofstra down the line

I'm glad to see this by the NCAA, but I'm sorry, I just can't believe for a second this was done with any real intentions - the NCAA has become complete sham, comparable to a criminal organization with the amount of corrupt activity carried out, allowed, and ignored literally for DECADES - they have repeatedly turned a blind eye to the known bribery, payouts, racketeering, etc. that has been occurring under their watch, quite frankly, it's not just the coaches/athletes/schools/sports companies that need to get smacked, its the NCAA ITSELF.

It is only because the *FBI* got involved and busted this wide open that they now HAVE to show some kind of response - No FBI, and this continues on business as usual - and it's so obvious to everyone (fans, media, industry people, everyone), the RICO smoke has been sky high and black, yet they pretend there is nothing to see. I mean, it's a complete joke.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Have you seen them play recently?? Not for nothing, if Hofstra was committing fraud and paying players to come here, they're worse at recruiting than I thought!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

How is this going to help Hofstra?
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I mean it always helps to have your AD on a committee. Also, if they can cut out the money going to recruits, maybe it helps spread the wealth of talent around a bit to more mids. Maybe. I can dream.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The money and favors (no show jobs) will still go on. They will learn from our politicians and just hide it better.