Site Admin

Midnight madness

Post by cactus »

Will be Thursday November 2nd at 8 pm.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Cards

Re: Midnight madness

Post by Cards »

Starts with a meet the players and coaches (all HU coaches) in the practice facility.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Cards wrote:Starts with a meet the players and coaches (all HU coaches) in the practice facility.
Glad they brought this back after not doing it last year.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Got the one week away reminder e-mail from Hofstra on this and figured I would bump this thread. Is everyone excited?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Will be there...reception and Midnight Madness
Cards

Post by Cards »

will be there
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Is the meet and greet at 7pm
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

stuball888 wrote:Is the meet and greet at 7pm
Yes. The emails said you are supposed to rsvp but I can't imagine they would turn people away.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I cut out a little early, but did notice Rok was not introduced with the team, but joined them shortly after and was dressed. Did he participate in the co-ed scrimmage? Any other injury notes? Thx
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

joeg1 wrote:I cut out a little early, but did notice Rok was not introduced with the team, but joined them shortly after and was dressed. Did he participate in the co-ed scrimmage? Any other injury notes? Thx
Both Rok and Angus came in late, probably getting some treatment...Rok took to the floor for the five minute scrimmage but did not go hard at all...not sure if Angus played, Sabety also seemed limited.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I personally didn't see Angus even get on the basketball court and noticed that Wormley had his leg bandaged up. He didn't partake much in the on court stuff.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

From what I understand 4, players nursing injuries. As of now 9 healthy players
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Plus walk-on Conner
Polito

Post by Polito »

that is ridiculous a week before the season tip-off

what is the story there?? why so many key injuries?? guys going too hard wanting this season so bad?? poor training regime/preparation?? lacking proper trainer staff??

I understand injuries, but this many to the starting 5 is very concerning. This is not how you want to kick off a vital season. Clearly from what we've seen HU needs their starting core ready to rock.
Polito

Post by Polito »

And how about some reports from those who attended this event please!! I would be very grateful!

Awfully quiet... was it that uneventful??

Any read on ANY of the players???
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I left after the intros. A lot of students (I would say over 1000), which is great. I think the event is more designed to have the teams connect with the students (re the dance routine).

From what I could tell, none of the injuries looks serious. The Dayton game (our 3rd on 11/16) will be the first big test, after army and app st., so we have 2 weeks to get healthy. We should get through the first 2 even depleted, as long as Rok, JWF and Pemba are healthy.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

The meet the coaches before hand and midnight madness event were a lot of fun. They did a three point competition with a men's basketball player, women's basketball player and student on each team; Radovic swished both of this three point shots in this competition which was a good sign in a small sample size.

Dunk contest was a bit lack luster since the two best dunkers (EP and JWF) on the team weren't in it but both of them showed off some nice dunks during the 5 on 5 coed scrimmage.

The 5 on 5 coed scrimmage had basically no defense played in it so tough to really analyze the players but I didn't see anything that raised a red flag. A few of the players were hitting some 3's; Gustys even threw one up but missed.

Kevin Schutte looked as big as advertised and we got to learn how his last name is pronounced.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

HofstraMathew wrote: Kevin Schutte looked as big as advertised and we got to learn how his last name is pronounced.
On GoHofstra.com, the rosters have a feature that will read out the name with the correct pronunciation. Seems to only work on computers, not mobile devices. I remember using it a lot for the women’s team last year.

It was nice to see that the CAA commissioner was in attendance. I assume he’s staying in the area for the next few days with the soccer tournaments being in town.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Radovic had a nice shot, participated in the 3 point contest, not much else to get from midnight madness.

Good event though, lots of students showed up which was encouraging.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

joeg1 wrote: The Dayton game (our 3rd on 11/16) will be the first big test, after army and app st., so we have 2 weeks to get healthy.
The second game is against Kennesaw State, not Appalachian State.