My New Tattoo

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jordan

My New Tattoo

Post by Jordan »

Not really looking top start a conversation on the ethics of a tattoo, just figured I'd share my new tattoo that I got today for my 18th birthday!

My two reasons for getting it: (1) In memory of my father, and (2) Well...I REALLY love Hofstra :D

In case you don't know the entire story of my father and I and you're interested, here is the post I made on my old account at the time of the events occurring - http://www.flyingdutchmenfans.com/viewt ... ?f=4&t=800

(It's on my right calf)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HUSID80

Re: My New Tattoo

Post by HUSID80 »

Nice, but where's the Flying Dutchman?
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

HUSID80 wrote:Nice, but where's the Flying Dutchman?
Maybe that'll be my next one!
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Jordan, I just read your older post about your father and Coach M. What a wonderful memory for you and your family. I can still fondly recall the many HU games and road trips my late father and I took together. If any of you question what Coach M represents to the HU family, just read Jordan's post. Jordan, here's an idea to honor your father, you and your family might get an inscribed brick by the Lion statues at the entrance to Shuart Stadium. My family purchased one in my father's honor, and I make sure to visit it every time I go to Shuart Stadium. It always makes me feel good that there is a remembrance in a location on campus where we spent so much shared time together. Happy 18th birthday, and best wishes to you and your family.
Last edited by The Shadow on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Shadow wrote:To Jordan, I just read your older post about your father and Coach M. What a wonderful memory for you and your family. I can still fondly recall the many HU games and road trips my late father and I took together. If any of you question what Coach M represents to the HU fans, just read Jordan's post. Jordan, here's an idea to honor your father, you and your family might get an inscribed brick by the lion statues at the entrance to Shuart Stadium. I have one in my father's honor, and I make sure to visit it every time I go to Shuart Stadium. It always makes me feel good that there is a remembrance in a location on campus where we spent so much shared time together. Happy 18th birthday, and best wishes to you and your family.
Thank you so much! It truly means a lot. It's funny, for a while we were disappointed because it seemed as though there was no place to put an inscribed brick at the sports facilities, because there's none by the Mack. Fortunately, after I attended a lacrosse game, I looked down and noticed them. So we've been making plans to do that, just not sure who to get in contact with. I assume the Director of the Athletic Facilities?
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Jordan, you and your family might try contacting the HU Development and Alumni Affairs Office which is located near the Shuart Stadium entrance. Try phone # 516-463-6636 and ask about the Walk of Pride Bricks. I believe the cost is $250. You can also access the information on the Hofstra.edu website.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Jordan wrote:
The Shadow wrote:To Jordan, I just read your older post about your father and Coach M. What a wonderful memory for you and your family. I can still fondly recall the many HU games and road trips my late father and I took together. If any of you question what Coach M represents to the HU fans, just read Jordan's post. Jordan, here's an idea to honor your father, you and your family might get an inscribed brick by the lion statues at the entrance to Shuart Stadium. I have one in my father's honor, and I make sure to visit it every time I go to Shuart Stadium. It always makes me feel good that there is a remembrance in a location on campus where we spent so much shared time together. Happy 18th birthday, and best wishes to you and your family.
Thank you so much! It truly means a lot. It's funny, for a while we were disappointed because it seemed as though there was no place to put an inscribed brick at the sports facilities, because there's none by the Mack. Fortunately, after I attended a lacrosse game, I looked down and noticed them. So we've been making plans to do that, just not sure who to get in contact with. I assume the Director of the Athletic Facilities?
Jordan, my guess is that Kevin Barry, senior director of athletic development, would be best person to contact about this http://gohofstra.com/staff.aspx?staff=131 His email is kevin.barry@hofstra.edu and phone is (516) 463-1944. I am very sorry about loss of your father and think it is wonderful how you plan to honor him and his passion for Hofstra athletics.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Jordan just read your older post, very sorry to hear about everything that unfolded with your dad. Seems as if you guys had some great memories together and that is what you will remember most moving forward.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Jordan, you are TRUE BLUE my friend, as is your family - God Bless

And that's a fine looking logo bud 8-)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Thank you for all of the helpful information, compliments, and sincere wishes. My family and I are truly thankful. We will most certainly contact the school and construct a brick in my father's name. The Hofstra community is what has kept my family consistently attached to the University and is what even helped put ink on my leg! :)