MBB Trip to Canada

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: MBB Trip to Canada

Post by Polito »

If that does turn out to be the case, and we know what we are getting from JWF and Rok, then production from the 3 and 4 spots is a HUGE key to this seasons success.

And this conf IMO is wide open with the overhaul at UNCW. CofC should prob be the top dog, but it is no longer the W, at least for the pre-season. This is a year that I think nearly any of the top 5/6 could win it.

JM and staff HAVE to start taking advantage of these kind of opportunities - the windows are small in the CAA - this is a crucial year for the STAFF to prove their worth and their ability to take this program to the tourney. Time is ticking, everyone is on the clock.

All eyes on you Joe. Time to show out, and go all out. Time to DANCE!!!

#PRIDEROCK !!!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Ok I'm back! I'm now HUSID74 as I had to re-join the site due to login and multiple computer issues. Hope everyone had a great summer and we're ready for a great HOOPS season.
Saw Matija Radovic in practice upon his return from Serbia a couple of weeks ago and he is the REAL DEAL...in fact I'm told that he is already one of the team's top five players...look for him to start up front and fill the same kind of role that the Princeton transfer played for us except that Radovic has four years!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Ok I'm back! I'm now HUSID74 as I had to re-join the site due to login and multiple computer issues. Hope everyone had a great summer and we're ready for a great HOOPS season.
Saw Matija Radovic in practice upon his return from Serbia a couple of weeks ago and he is the REAL DEAL...in fact I'm told that he is already one of the team's top five players...look for him to start up front and fill the same kind of role that the Princeton transfer played for us except that Radovic has four years!
Hi Sid, I can fix your old account if you would like.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Is it not possible that DB grabs the PG role and runs with it? I know he is coming off an injury and may take some time to work in (seeing his minutes in Canada), but we all agree he is a true point and before last season we all seemed excited about what he could be with JWF.
I'm hoping he sees the opportunity here and seizes it. The "missing piece" could already be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

cactus wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Ok I'm back! I'm now HUSID74 as I had to re-join the site due to login and multiple computer issues. Hope everyone had a great summer and we're ready for a great HOOPS season.
Hi Sid, I can fix your old account if you would like.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks Cactus, I'm good with the new ID...appreciate the offer!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Pride97, that has been my hope and excitement since he signed on the dotted line - DB is a talented TRUE point, and I have wanted him to lead the PG spot for his entire career here.

Yes, he's short, but he still plays good D with quick hands - and he actually, *gasp*, DISHES the basketball.

Why this staff continues to force feed KW I do not understand - and I think it is going to frustrate me all year. Then again, DB still has yet to be a real stud in the position - he's been good, but needs to be great - I expected him to be, so still would like to see him show out to that level. He's also coming back from an injury, but this is beyond that IMO. I think we need to see 'next level' from him.

Until then, he will concede the role to others in some capacity - up to him I think to be so good he's impossible to sit. Hope this is the year!