2016-17 Athletics Season

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: 2016-17 Athletics Season

Post by stuball888 »

thanks POP I broke it down and its not pretty. Over the last ten years Hofstra has won 16 CAA championships. 6 by the men and 10 by the women. Over the last 4 years we have won 3 championships. mens soccer Softball and Volleyball.So the graduating class of 2017 have only seen 3 teams win. Non are the major sports at Hofstra. I see maybe two teams that have a shot at a CAA championship. Its mens soccer and Volleyball. Thats it.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

ProudofPride wrote:
stuball888 wrote: Pop please go back 8 years and give us a tally of CAA championships each year. That will give everyone here the reality of the situation
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/c ... champs.pdf
Hofstra has 35 CAA team championships. In the same amount of time, Drexel, Delaware, and Towson have an avaerage of 15. Drexel has only 4. In much fewer seasons, College of Charleston has twice as many as Drexel.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

If you haven't already done so, I encourage everyone on the boards to make a donation to the Hofstra Pride Club at this link
https://www.hofstra.edu/athletics/ath_giving.cfm

There is extra push today for Hofstra's annual Day of Giving and would be great to see athletics get a big boost. You can designate the gift for any sport you want and our programs could use all the support they can get. Every donation no matter how small can go a long way to helping our student-athletes shine on and off the field. Go Hofstra!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

HofstraPride1 wrote:If you haven't already done so, I encourage everyone on the boards to make a donation to the Hofstra Pride Club at this link

There is extra push today for Hofstra's annual Day of Giving and would be great to see athletics get a big boost. You can designate the gift for any sport you want and our programs could use all the support they can get. Every donation no matter how small can go a long way to helping our student-athletes shine on and off the field. Go Hofstra!
Done. With a specific designation and company matching the gift.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

ProudofPride wrote:
HofstraPride1 wrote:If you haven't already done so, I encourage everyone on the boards to make a donation to the Hofstra Pride Club at this link

Done. With a specific designation and company matching the gift.
Great work! The more support we can lend the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraPride1935

Post by HofstraPride1935 »

EvanJ wrote:
ProudofPride wrote:
stuball888 wrote: Pop please go back 8 years and give us a tally of CAA championships each year. That will give everyone here the reality of the situation
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/c ... champs.pdf
Hofstra has 35 CAA team championships. In the same amount of time, Drexel, Delaware, and Towson have an avaerage of 15. Drexel has only 4. In much fewer seasons, College of Charleston has twice as many as Drexel.
"So you are telling me that Stu's narrative about the department being horrendous isn't accurate? WOW. Who would have thunk it."
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Polito wrote: This entire dept is dependent upon the success of Mens Hoops. If that team doesn't start making the NCAAT and producing some real money, the entire program hurts. THEY MUST PRODUCE.

Basketball, Lax, Wrestling, Softball, Volleyball, Soccer. This is HU. And honestly, if there was one sport that should be here, IMO, it's Hockey. I know it costs a lot, but this is the NE, there is a market here, fans here, and it makes sense.

Lose the other stuff and let's start getting serious about actually WINNING instead of spreading thin on sports that just don't move the dial.

Clearly I'm salty recently :lol: Anyone else losing their patience with the nonsense going on, or just me?
Well, if there's free money involved, Hofstra will listen...

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-looks-to-g ... =277764372
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Would love it, but don't see it due to issues such as insurance costs and rental fees to play either at Coliseum or Eisenhower. Hofstra isn't in position to add any more sports, especially one as expensive as hockey.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I can't imagine insurance costs are any different than football, right?

Renting the rink is another story. A partnership with the new coliseum should be a no-brainer to help in that regard.

But I'll tell ya, Hofstra Hockey would be something I could really get behind - and I'm not even much of a hockey fan (yet). I believe that sport and program could do well at HU. The LI area is ripe for it IMO.

It's time to re-vamp the dept. anyway... lose the non-relevant stuff and focus efforts on the key sports and that key new addition. I'm sure there are ways it can be done.
HU should be all over that NHL program - could be the major boost needed.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Time to bring this back up, since women's soccer just won the CAA championship, and capped off a perfect conference season! What a perfect example to turn it around and set a winning precedent for the rest of the teams. This team didn't even qualify for the CAA tournament last year.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Totally agree POP...let's make some more CAA/NCAA NOISE!!!!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

That's awesome, what an incredible turnaround, congrats ladies!

This dept needed a conf champion badly, way to step up! Hopefully this is just the beginning for all sports!!