Who Fills Their Mens Hoops Class First, HU or UNCW?!? LOL

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: Who Fills Their Mens Hoops Class First, HU or UNCW?!? L

Post by Polito »

Every other relevant CAA program took their commits and filled their spots in the EARLY period. Because strangely they deal with the same issues, so waiting to the last damn minute is what is suicide. Great way to blow a class and set back a program.

I'm missing where HU is some special case? Would love that explanation.

Jordan, I think your youthful perspective is skewing things for you a bit. And I mean that respectfully.

The season was a failure because the goal was not met. End of story. There is no in between bud. And if Green is a leader, he will absolutely say the same. And if he's a TRUE leader, he will take the full brunt of it. That's what leaders do.

And no, the 'goal' is not to win the conf and go dancing every year. That is completely unrealistic, since everyone seems big on that. That is always the HOPE. Big difference. Green's last year carried a GOAL of the dance. Nothing less. PERIOD.

When you secure your first 'real' career position in life, do me a favor and take note of how winning and losing is dealt with, and how long it is tolerated when $ is involved. Let me know the reaction to your failed projects, blown budgets, missed deadlines, unmet expectations, halfway achieved goals, ending short on your numbers, lost deals, broken contracts, failed results, declining public perception, lost stakeholder interest, and getting routinely set back by your competitors.

Better yet, let me know how things go for the CEO of the organization who leads that performance. How many years (ahem, months) do you think he/she lasts?

D1 is akin to leading a team in big business with real implications around RESULTS and ROI. Anyone who thinks continued failure will be tolerated, excused, ignored, accepted, and chalked up to 'good learning experiences' for YEARS, is in for a very rude awakening.

And the point is, it is the SAME THING HERE. Fair has NOTHING to do with it, especially in D1 athletics. You WIN or you LOSE, and there is no in between.

They busted, and that's the bottom line. Moving on...
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80 wrote:Polito I love your passion but you have no clue as to what is going on behind the scenes. Please avoid suicide BEFORE this season of recruiting is done. Save your epithets until all is said and done.
Any updates on that impact 4 for next season HUSID80 ???
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

CJ Bryce transferring is finally official, which now opens up another scholarship for UNCW. Per seahawk fans, the delay may have bee the fact that he needed a 2.6 to be academically eligible to transfer, so they had to wait for his grades to come him.
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status ... 9660000256
Polito

Post by Polito »

This is enormous news, a major blow to them, and I have been waiting to see how those cards were going to fall - next up is Cacok... I believe it's just a matter of time for him to go, as he would be crazy to be the only one left standing with an entirely new staff and completely new roster. And once he goes, UNCW will be completely gutted and starting from scratch.

Tough deal for them, I didn't understand the hire, and still don't. Wouldn't have been my direction, but it is what it is.

The bright side for HU is that the W is on a path to be down for a couple of years while they revamp themselves.

This now becomes THE time for HU to produce - no one can hide behind the W being simply the class of the league - there are absolutely no excuses now (this really sounds like a broken record around here).

If JM cannot take advantage of this major window of opportunity, win this conf, and finally get to the dance within the next 3 years, he should be shown the door.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

For what it's worth, with the news of our latest commitment, Hofstra officially fills their roster first, UNCW still has 1 scholarship left to give. Now the real question is who is going to be able to do more with the players that were recruited.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Haha, yes filled the allotment, although to be fair the W landed 4 first. They are not messing around. The have 1 more to go.

But like you said, it's all about who puts together a WINNER, not who signs the most the fastest. I just prefer that HU do more to get ahead of the game rather than constantly playing catch-up.

But make no mistake, I am very thrilled with the Matija Radovic landing - believe that shores up the 4 perfectly.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Polito, we all would like to see us close out classes in the Fall but that's just not the way it goes. Look at all the 18's we've offered. Let's see what happens this year...Ill wager that we sign one or two early then go deep before we fill the class.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I definitely understand the crazy dynamics, but that is the environment and the staff must adapt and do better. This is not HU and everyone else, there are hundreds of mids in the same boat, and every CAA program fights the same fight - and every one of them managed to do so in a more timely manner than HU. I don't expect miracles, the process is long and arduous for good talent, but let's not get weak here either. It is clear JM & Co. must improve.

There is absolutely no excuse for this staff not to be able to land 2 strong recruits in the early period for '18. Having to fill multiple spots after the late signing period is obviously not an ideal scenario. Keep pushing the limit and eventually you will get burned. The size of the '18 class is not one to play patty cakes with and live on a hope and prayer (as faithful as I work to be!)

Balls to the wall, it's game time. WOW them, INK them, and do it EARLY.