Villante on UFC Card

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Hofstra

Villante on UFC Card

Post by Hofstra »

Not sure if anyone watched, but man.... Gian Villante got throttled tonight.. How is this dude still in the UFC?? I have never seen him win a fight. He is riding Weidman's coattails here.
Polito

Re: Villante on UFC Card

Post by Polito »

Pulling for him... would be great to see an HU guy make it big in UFC.

I knew him just a bit in school, some mutual friends, always seemed like a standup focused guy. Hope he can bounce back and get more fundamentally sound as a fighter. Being a head basher only goes so far, and is a great way to have a very short, brain-damaged, career.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Put on a nice showing on the UFC PPV tonight. Nice to see him end his 2 fight losing streak. Fight was boring, but that is because his opponent was not bringing it. Congrats Gian
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

Hofstra wrote:Put on a nice showing on the UFC PPV tonight. Nice to see him end his 2 fight losing streak. Fight was boring, but that is because his opponent was not bringing it. Congrats Gian
whats the next step for him? cant seem to win a big fight.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Not sure TBH. He was on a 2 fight losing streak, so I am sure he will get another opportunity soon. His fight was very boring last night, so I am sure it won't be on a PPV, most likely a fight night or something.