Anyone going to Charleston?

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Hofstra

Anyone going to Charleston?

Post by Hofstra »

Anyone going down for the games next weekend? This is the first CAA's I am going to miss in a long time. I always enjoy going.

Last year, the few of us from the boards that went down had an awesome time. I wish more people from the boards took advantage of the short trip to Baltimore. Stinks that it is so far this year.

I have a wedding next Saturday evening, but will be able to watch Saturday at noon, WHEN we win Friday. I am not sure what I would have done with the wedding and the trip, I mean I obviously would have had to go to the wedding, and in some ways I am glad it made my decision a bit easier, but man, I hate not being able to go down. I always had such a great time at the tourney.

If anyone is going down, I have been to Charleston a few times with my wife, its an awesome place.

For food, check out:
Magnolias. It was a great meal. We went there a few times for dinner during our trips. Never had a bad meal. Fried Green Tomatoes
Poogers Porch has a great brunch
Hominy Grill is a must for breakfast.
Husk is highly rated, but I find it to be a bit bougie for me. Organic, farm to table is not my style. If you are into that, def. check it out.
Cards

Re: Anyone going to Charleston?

Post by Cards »

If by some strange twist of fate HU wins the CAA crown and the auto bid, does that guarantee a spot in the 64 field? Meaning, teams with so-so records sometimes get put into the play-in rounds. Are play-in teams always mid-majors who win really poor divisions, or bubble teams, or poor record mids who happen to catch lightning in a bottle and get into the dance? Do P5 bubble teams ever have to play-in?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Since we ended the season with a sub .500 record chance are we are in a playin game. That is unless a lesser conference team with the same record gets in. Remember there would have to be four teams like that for us to make the field of 64
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Our League winner, no matter who it is, will not be in a play in game...so many real weak leagues out there. If we should happen to win the tourney we will need to go through several fairly highly rated teams thus raising our rpi as well.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Completely agree with HUSID, we would miss a play-in game if we won, the CAA is too solid, and we would be over .500 overall. We could get a 16 seed though, depending on the amount of upsets in the other 1 bid conference tournaments. Personally, I would be happy any way, I'd be cool to get a play-in game win. it's a mid-major dream to make the dance as an 8 seed in conference play.

There are two sets of play-in games, two games for four 16 seeds, and two games for the last four at-large teams. There is no exact seed number given to the at-large play-in game, it's ranged from 11-13 seeding in the past though. P5 teams sometimes get put into those at-large play-in games, but it usually ends up being mid-majors, like Iona and VCU in the past.

The CAAT is always a great time, sucks to say I'm missing this year in a great city like Charleston, definitely planning to be there next season! We all need to meet up when we're in the final on Monday!!!
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

I think having the tournament in Baltimore was a put up or shut up 3 years. We all complained about having the "southern bias" while it was held in Richmond, but not for nothing, Hofstra's attendance was improved, but nothing to write home about while in Baltimore. Now that it is in Charleston, it is much harder to get to. I still hope some people are able to go down and represent Hofstra for us.