Game 30 - @ Little Napoleons 2/23/17

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

Re: Game 30 - @ Little Napoleons 2/23/17

Post by Captain »

Hofstra wrote:Great win. Extremely satisfying to drill them at home.

JWF is special. I mean every game he continues to unleash the beast. Really loving his play this season, and can't wait to see him as a Junior next year. Does anyone think he can be CAA First team this year?

In regards to Joe M and his technical issues, enough is enough. He needs to curb his baby crap.
I think JWF deserves to be 1st team all CAA. He is the best offensive player in the CAA this year. He leads the conference in scoring and appears indefensible. I would vote for Dixon, Ingram and Wright-Foreman as 1st teamers (but nobody asked me). Hard to keep Chealey out...there are a lot of fine guards in the league including TJ Williams but has anyone outdone JWF?. My advice to voters don't punish JWF because he's just a soph.
Polito

Post by Polito »

BBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I LOVE IT! :lol: The Little Napoleons schooled on their home floor baby - honestly, it is SO satisfying beating that team and their hater fan base it almost makes up for the crappy 8 seed! (almost) :D

Hope those Tribe fans stop by and see this. Should've beat 'em the first time too, and they know it - their message board delusion is just that - it's sour crusty salty anger disappointment at life.

I honestly used to have a lot of empathy and dare I say even respect for them years ago, but that forum fan base has completely destroyed any goodwill - they are the worst in the CAA, and will henceforth ALWAYS be called The Little Napoleons. Thanks all for keeping this well-deserved / well-earned moniker alive!

(Realize of course it's not all, but unfortunately its the loud few who have totally ruined any positive rep for them - I do still however have a lot of respect for Shaver - I give that dude a lot of credit for his loyalty and what he has put together in a very tough near impossible situation)

Hope the entire league is salivating at a Dixon-less and Prewitt-less team next year, and I hope all from W&M see JWF every time they close their eyes! :P
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote: I hope all from W&M see JWF every time they close their eyes! :P
I've met some very decent W&M people at CAA tourneys over the years, so I don't feel the same hatred for their fanbase... that said the above made me laugh LOL!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Not only JWF but Pemba as well...they are still smarting over losing him...and he did play a nice game last night
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Agreed - Pemba also played very well last night
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

If we can add some Graduate Transfer or Jucco with "LENGTH" ala Koons, then we can be a true contender next year.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

A really nice W - If they only had a clue on defense! What is the link to the W&M boards ? - would like to do some reading.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

so in your opinion, the reason why JM won't play much man-to-man is because lack of depth and size?

This is the site to CSNBBS where the other CAA Message boards are.

http://csnbbs.com/forum-677.html

ZMAN3 wrote:A really nice W - If they only had a clue on defense!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Captain wrote:
Hofstra wrote:Great win. Extremely satisfying to drill them at home.

JWF is special. I mean every game he continues to unleash the beast. Really loving his play this season, and can't wait to see him as a Junior next year. Does anyone think he can be CAA First team this year?

In regards to Joe M and his technical issues, enough is enough. He needs to curb his baby crap.
I think JWF deserves to be 1st team all CAA. He is the best offensive player in the CAA this year. He leads the conference in scoring and appears indefensible. I would vote for Dixon, Ingram and Wright-Foreman as 1st teamers (but nobody asked me). Hard to keep Chealey out...there are a lot of fine guards in the league including TJ Williams but has anyone outdone JWF?. My advice to voters don't punish JWF because he's just a soph.
A First Team of Wright-Foreman, Chealey, Williams, Dixon, and Ingram would only have guards. None of them average 5 rebounds per game. If you were choosing a First Team to play the First Team of a conference near the CAA in the Conference RPI like the Missouri Valley or Mountain West, wouldn't you want at least one good rebounder?
Captain

Post by Captain »

Hi Evan
I was not proposing an all guard All Conference team. I was choosing a 3 guard like lineup and was saying Chealey and TJ Williams would be good candidates for one of those 3 spots. (My choices might be JWF, Dixon and Ingram or Chealey with Williams and Chealey/Ingram second team)
It might be fun for a league wide discussion of the 1st team where fans of one team can't vote their own guys in and see what results.
It would need to happen fast since the official teams will be out next Friday.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Great to know we have JWF for two more seasons...how much better can this kid get ?? Staff must now surround JWF and Pemberton with solid productive players...if we do not win CAA crown in JWF's JR and/or SR years it would be a shame...sort of like Green's two years at Hofstra...I see JWF becoming even more of an all-around dominate player his last two years as he continues to develop a feel for the game...Pemberton should also really blossom as a SO...he is just beginning to fulfill his potential...JAM and staff...lets get the job done...no more Greer's
Polito

Post by Polito »

Oh I'm sure there are some fine ones Wags, can't blanket an entire group for the bad few. I'm just saying the ones on their boards, goodness, they have earned every loss they get as far as I'm concerned - in desperate need of some southern hospitality training.

Just take a read of the 1st 2 pages of every HU related thread for all you need to know.

But boy I'll tell ya, it is absolutely AWESOME to see that forums 'tude change at the end of that thread!!! :D

A helluva lot of kudos and props to our fellas, and a helluva lot more respect than shown at the start. And of course most of the bonehead internet tough guys who started it were nowhere to be found after!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A shout out to all of the level-headed Tribe fans I've seen post some standup comments on HU - several believe that HU could be the team that finally makes history as a Friday CAAT team, and that HU could and maybe should be the favorite next season. That's not easy to admit about a hated rival...respect to them.

There is NO QUESTION that JWF is all-conf, and IMO has earned a 1st team spot. How many other guards are better than him? And who are they?