Game 29: UNC Wilmington on February 18, 2017 at 4:00 P.M.

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

Re: Game 29: UNC Wilmington on February 18, 2017 at 4:00 P.M

Post by garyg »

Has anyone on this board seen Trueheart participate in practice? If so just wondering what your impression was ?
Cards

Post by Cards »

with all the emphasis on getting some output from the 4 spot, your question garyg is a good one. both timely and appropriate.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

garyg wrote:Has anyone on this board seen Trueheart participate in practice? If so just wondering what your impression was ?
I only saw him play in that midnight madness, but he looks like a very good athlete. His highlight videos show a guy who can hit the perimeter shot, and he displayed an array of front to basket moves at the PF position on his HS team. The jumper looks a little raw, but he showed the ability to hit the 3 and the midrange shot.

Based on those pregame chalktalks from the coaching staff, I think Trueheart is highly regarded, but there were questions about how much playing time he was going to receive, and they decided early to go with the redshirt. I have to believe the staff expected more out of Robinson and Greer when making that decision.

Looking back at how Joe utilizes freshman, Juan'ya and Tank got little playing time at Niagara, JWF barely played, the RS was probably a good call overall for Trueheart. It gives him an opportunity to be ready to go day one for us next season.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I put this on the recruiting thread also, but Veer Singh just left Seton Hall after the fall semester. He is a 4 star 6'7" - 6'8" guy who can shoot. Reminds me of Koons. May have to sit, but its looks like he is trying to find a new home. Played at Thurogood HS and played with NY Lightning. Isn't that where DB played. We should be all over this guy.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Cards wrote:I put this on the recruiting thread also, but Veer Singh just left Seton Hall after the fall semester. He is a 4 star 6'7" - 6'8" guy who can shoot. Reminds me of Koons. May have to sit, but its looks like he is trying to find a new home. Played at Thurogood HS and played with NY Lightning. Isn't that where DB played. We should be all over this guy.
This goes back to December but Hofstra did express interest in Singh along with Monmouth Iona St Peters and Old Dominion. Not sure if anything has happened since.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

bobe13 wrote:If we didn't have so many dumb turnovers we could have won.
The turnovers hurt, but UNCW plays a high pressure defense and those will happen.

Not ever being able to get a stop in a big spot is the biggest problem, and cost them this game and has cost them the close games all year. Even when they forced a miss down the stretch they gave up easy putbacks.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

This guy Singh sounds real interesting but it looks like he has fallen off the face of the earth since he left Seton Hall...anyone know where he is? Is he in school? Have we reached out to him? Most stories say he could play in Dec. '17 in time for the CAA season. Well worth using one of our "extra" scholarships.