Softball 2017

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Re: Softball 2017

Post by HofstraHockey »

Yet the team will take multiple trips to Florida and Oregon and Georgia for the preseason. Stu, this is ridiculous, and unless you have some facts to back ANY of that up, is just flat out wrong. There are a lot of reasons why they wouldn't go- money isn't one of them. The program has a strong alumni base and can fundraise as well, if they really need to. If making sure that your STUDENT-athletes do well on their finals isn't a logical explanation, then Rabinowitz cancelling trips is definitely not one either.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

HH I totally agree with you...if they wanted to go, money would not have been the reason they chose not to attend
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I was with rabinowitz when he promised that teams that succeed will be rewarded but those that dont will not get extra funding. When softball was going to the NCAAs he had no problem loosening the purse strings. Now they they have failed to reach the NCAAs the past two seasons, things are tightening up. Please explain why the end of season trip to lehigh the past 15 years suddenly was cancelled. If the games were played here no problem but he is not shelling out money to a team that will not go to the NCAAs. Lets see what next years schedule will bring. Dollars to donuts the florida schedule will be trimmed a little.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Boy does that approach/attitude put a damper on all HU sports. No NCAAs, then no money. But without investment, how do you get to the NCAAs?
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I can give you a dozen reasons why that trip would be canned, zero of which involve money. Forget Title IX arguments. You, in all honesty, think the president of the university, who you all say pays zero attention to the athletic teams to begin with, is sitting in his office looking at the softball schedule, wondering if he can cancel a bus trip to PA at the end of the year to save what amounts to what, .002% of the schools budget? Is there a dark cloud with lightning bolts striking the campus coming down behind him? Kevin henchmen laughing with him while he strikes down upon the softball program, and their trip to the evil Lehigh Valley? This is something that Disney wouldn't put in a made-for-Disney-Channel movie because 9 year olds would think it's too unrealistic.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

And jeeze, if the softball team is losing bus money for missing the NCAAs, the men's lacrosse team should be riding the LIRR out to Stony Brook next year for their game. What's next, the golf team is snorkeling through the pond in Eisenhower looking for used balls? Baseball players are borrowing gloves from the other team? They have to leave them on the field when they go back to the dugout like it's 1897?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

So what was the reason for us cancelling this mid week Dh. Please do not say exams. This series has a 15 year history. there were no scheduling conflicts or poor field conditions for lehigh.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I don't know, and I'm not about to ask them, but I'd go with resting the pitchers, who obviously looked worn out at the CAA Championships. Cornell especially- I'm SURE she did not have to work as hard as she did this year during her HS career. 101 walks on the season and a WHIP over 1.5, that's a lot pitching than she probably had playing some of these weak LI high school programs. And it showed. I'd want to save whatever bullets I had left for those conference games too.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

If the administration didn't want to pay for the team to travel to play at Lehigh, that part of the schedule wouldn't have been approved. It's not like all off the sudden that game just randomly appeared on the schedule.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

If the school isn't paying for its own teams to travel - in order to save money - if this is really true, who in the world would want to come here?!?!?!
The softball team is young - and has a bunch of key players returning and coming off injuries - I know they have a few local recruits (seems like Coach A has some in roads with the LI community) lined up over the next few years. Hope they can regain there top tier in CAA and make some noise nationally.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Breaking news, JMU's coach was just hired at Auburn. That potentially leaves the door open for Hofstra to retake ownership of the conference in softball.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

What's happening at Pride Rock? Are they finally putting in turf?
https://twitter.com/HofstraAthFac/statu ... 7318134784
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Maybe they are putting toilets in the dugouts I knowBill Edwards wanted that
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

More than that Stu...whole infield is dug up
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Here's the answer, looks like it'll be a sod field. Not quite artificial turf, but much better than the grass that was there. https://twitter.com/HofstraAthFac/statu ... 2005261312
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Was at a wedding yesterday I didn't get to see yesterday's games. Anyone have any info how we did against Manhattan and Molloy