DUTCH NATION: Pride Club/Lounge Open House + Facility Tour!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

DUTCH NATION: Pride Club/Lounge Open House + Facility Tour!

Post by Polito »

After much discussion, planning, and coordination, we have the go-ahead with the school to hold what we believe will be an AWESOME event!

This Thursday 2/16 for the monster showdown with College of Charleston, HU is opening up the Pride Lounge to our group with a Pride Club Open House before the game, and then basketball building tours of the arena and practice facility after!

This is a FREE deal for us, and a super opportunity for us all to experience the program and athletic department in a cool/unique way, and for the school to connect with some of it's most passionate fans.

Before the game, approx. 6:30pm, we will meet in the Pride Lounge for food (free) / drinks ($) / and coaching chalk talk from one of the assistants. This is also of course open to Pride Club / Season Ticket Members, but to our knowledge this is the FIRST time EVER that HU has opened up the club for non-members as a promo.

After the game we will have the FIRST EVER fan tour of the arena AND the basketball practice facility!

This should be absolutely awesome, and something we've worked diligently with the admin on offering as we continue our efforts to establish an impact fan group and a real working partnership with the school.

I do need to provide an approx. count, so please reply here or PM me with your attendance - and you may absolutely bring others.

This is a pre-curser to a MUCH bigger event in the works to kick things off next season, so my hope is this turns out to be a fantastic time!
HUSID80

Re: DUTCH NATION: Pride Club/Lounge Open House + Facility T

Post by HUSID80 »

Polito has worked VERY HARD to get this event...Let's PLEASE see a LARGE turnout!!!! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!
Cards

Post by Cards »

Sounds like a good event. Congrats to you guys (especially Polito) for making this happen.

I will definitely be there with a guest. Looking forward to it.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

It sounds like an awesome event and thank you very much for setting up Polito! Count me in for the facility tour after the game. I'll be helping out with stats for the TV broadcast so I probably can't make the pregame festivities.
Wags

Post by Wags »

EXCELLENT work, Polito (and any others involved)!

Sounds fun!
budman

Post by budman »

I hope to make it

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Great job Polito. I'll be there
Polito

Post by Polito »

Wags, to confirm, are you attending?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Ill be there before. After not so sure. Have kids with me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:Wags, to confirm, are you attending?
Yes sir!
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

VERY bummed i can't make this. I'm in LA for work.

Sounds great! Cant wait to read about it.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

At least come to the Savoy on feb 28th Tuesday at 8pm
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Being a member of the Pride Club I will be there before, and am excited to join you all after! I will also ask a buddy of mine if he'd like to join after too. Will we be meeting in the lounge after for the tour?
Polito

Post by Polito »

ALL:

Kevin and I spoke last night to confirm for this evening, we are all set!

You may arrive to the Pride Club Lounge between 6-6:30pm.

There will be a guest list to check in for our group so that they have a way to confirm your eligibility to take part. We will need everyone's first/last names for this, so please either post here or PM me if you prefer to keep that private from the general board.

You may head back for the halftime break, which is a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to meet folks, grab a bite (free), and/or have a drink or few lol ($).

After the game, we will meet back in the lounge for the tour portion. I believe the Director of Facilities and AD Hathaway will help to lead this and speak to the group.

The admin is very excited for this, as are we! This is basically a dry run for a major event in the works for next season's kickoff based on this exact idea - these folks are on it guys, finally. They are well aware of the Chronicle article, and have a mission to cause change for the better.

Should be a great night! Please get me your and your guest names ASAP!!!

ROLLPRIDE
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

I should know this, but where is the pride lounge exactly?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Polito

Post by Polito »

Lower Level Concession area on the Student Section end of the arena. I believe it says Pride Club above the glass doors. Won't miss it, there will be obvious staff out front and a check in table.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Great time last night. It was nice when they announced our club as the Flying Dutchmen. I think the members of the pride club were glad to hear the Duch moniker again
Cards

Post by Cards »

It was great to meet most of the "guys" last night. Thanks again Polito.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Had a great time last night. Great to put some faces to some names and see Dooku, Cards, cactus (as well as of course, Stuball and Polito again).

The Pride Lounge is pretty nice. Would be an ideal place for a watch party for fans who can't make the CAA tourney in person, or for future NIT or dare I say NCAAT games. Wondering... is that something we could put together at the last minute, should Hofstra do the unexpected and reach the televised rounds in this year's tourney? Or maybe there's even another feed we could watch for the first-round games if they end up there (as it looks like they will)?

But I did want to say... between what Polito has spearheaded and the three new people Hathaway hired to help (had the pleasure of meeting them last night), there's finally some really good direction, and I can forsee some big things next season! Now Joe & his staff just have to put a winning team on the floor to match, and then the buzz around the program can really take off. But at least there's a good foundation now (at last!) to get The Mack looking and sounding on a regular basis like it had in the past at certain times. Very encouraging!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Here are a few photos from last night's post game tour and shoot around at the practice facility ImageImageImage