Towson Today

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

Towson Today

Post by Captain »

Weather permitting, the Towson rematch is today. We had perhaps our largest blown lead of the season at the Mack. This is a big team at all positions. They buried us at the free throw line and in the rebounding department.
I think we will have to go to the hoop and try to create some foul problems. Don't fall in love with the three because too many one shot possessions against these guys. I think we are the quicker team so need to exploit this where possible.
Steal this game and we can start to feel better about where we are going. Like our chances a lot more if Rok is able to join the fun.
stuball888

Re: Towson Today

Post by stuball888 »

They shot 21-22 from the free throw line.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Any word on Rok...huge difference if we can go in there with two bigs
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Unless the team left yesterday I doubt there will be a game tonight.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

bobe13 wrote:Unless the team left yesterday I doubt there will be a game tonight.
They're already there, the MBB twitter account posted a picture of the team practicing in Towson's arena. At this point it's a matter of if the officials can get there.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

In the twitter picture, Rok (under near basket, I think) appears to still be sporting his "no-play" wear- if that means anything.
Polito

Post by Polito »

There is no D1 team I know of that plays a true travel road game and plans to arrive the day-of. They always leave a day before, at least, especially when a well-publicized storm is on the horizon.

GAME ON!!

And my impression from the coaches report and radio show is that Rok is not playing today. Lower body injury, and it's taking time to fully heal. They do not want to rush him back.

I will say though, I actually think this team plays better with Hunter right now because Rok has not been 100% for awhile. Not to say it wouldn't be better to have him in this game, as Towson is deep and good size all around.

But it is what it is, and Hunter has great ability to make a big impact - Pemba back in the lineup is huge, and if Powers and BB can play their spots right, this team can win.

This is a big one in terms of HU climbing out of the bottom four and a Friday game - we have to expect a tough battle to the end, so with that in mind, let's get after it fellas

ROLLPRIDE
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

No video anybody have same problem
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Same problem - hoping the game just didn't start yet and it will work soon
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

No audio either, went to the WRHU HAWC link. Went to the TU website to get the video.
Last edited by The Shadow on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

No video here.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=148146 has statistics. Hofstra is starting Powers, Wright-Foreman, Pemberton, Bernardi, and Sabety. Towson is starting Jordan McNeil (guard), Deshaun Mormon (guard), Brian Starr (guard), Arnaud William Adalo Moto (forward), and Alex Thomas (forward).

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/tows ... Type=video has video.

http://static.caasports.com/custompages ... m#team.ind has Towson's statistics. Mike Morsell, Towson's leading scorer, isn't starting. He's the only Towson player who has made at least 1 three-pointer per game.

The video started working.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Video is working, but has a bunch of background noise.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Damn Sabety has got to make those shots... this isn't like him
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

First time Sabety seems intimidated going to the hoop... what the H is that ticking on the feed.... terrible... homer announcers and refs... we better keep hitting threes!
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

The video quality is beyond horrible. I hope the threes keep coming. I also hope after this halftime meet Sabety comes out his usual self. HU is extremely short without him and we need his blocks to kick in (hopefully without fouls).
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

The statistics at halftime have a mistake. The bottom of Towson's column says their largest lead was 1 with 11:04 left in the half. The mistake is that in the last row of the Comparison column on the right, Towson is listed with 0:00 of lead time.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I had to switch to Hofstra audio with the Towson video, the background noise was giving me a headache. I also can't deal with their pronunciation of Sabety's last name. Good decision anyway since the Towson announcers are so horrible, WRHU students are much better. Sometimes it's hard to believe other schools pay their play-by-play and color announcers for how bad they are.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Towson on a 12-0 run to take a 41-39 lead, Hofstra is 0-7 in that span and hasn't scored in almost 5 minutes, since JWF made a 3 to open the second half. We're currently being outscored 24-2 in the paint, so not only do we have no inside presence on the defensive end, but no one can figure out how to drive inside to score instead of just chucking up 3's and longer range jumpers.