its official

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Re: its official

Post by HUSID80 »

Stop FD... we are recruiting about the level in the CAA...just look at Verbal Commits... The issue as Inslee it is we are getting quality but not enough quantity. I fear that we are not allowed to offer the full compliment of 13 full scholarships over four year thus limiting our depth.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Good Lord... panties, meet wad. A chord has def been struck, eh HUSID! Special kind of special. Alas, as I said, I am done with it - losing interest at this point. Spare the board and take it to PM or show up and jaw jack in person.

Agree HUSID, it's quantity vs quality issue, and here's the thing: this year they actually did what they could to address it IMO. They started the season 2 deep in every single position. Several things didn't pan out:

- Buie lost to injury.
- Powers is a very good player, just not necessarily the create and dish type of PG needed for this O.
- Gustys regressed without Green, and battled nagging injury.
- Greer has provided nothing.
- Robinson has provided next to nothing.
- Pemba is a frosh.
- Bernardi's shooting fell majorly back, and no other part of his game improved.

Not making excuses, it's the staff's job to figure it out. But all of the above has factored into things and making depth appear larger than life - fact is, they did have some this year...ON PAPER. Clearly a lot did not go according to plan. But it isn't like they didn't at least attempt to come in with a bench this year - they did, and will simply have to do better next season.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Fair enough, truce. I hope to eat crow this weekend.