Mens Hoops Coaching Staff - Let's Discuss

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Re: Mens Hoops Coaching Staff - Let's Discuss

Post by HUSID80 »

dutchiedoright wrote:Here's the coaches report (the thread that seems to dry up whenever we win....)

- Took an injury-riddled team and rallied them from 11 down to win -

And here's my observations:

- won (or will win) close to 60 games in 3 years
- got Pemberton and Ray in back-to-back years
- got us Kentucky and Villanova games at HOME !!!!!
- calls plays almost every possession
- changes defense constantly....yes, constantly (not all zones are the same !)

And just some comments for fodder...:

- Shaver ?......give me a break !
- Keats ? .......should be in jail
- Methany, Grant, Skerry ......????? nothing special there

Let's stop the craziness and support our guys down the stretch.

Personally, I see a path OUT of the 7-10/8-9 game. And then, is there anyone you are really afraid of ?

February just started....I'm looking forward to March. This thing is do-able !!!

WOW A VOICE OF REASON! AWESOME!!!! Well said dutchmen...I'm with you all the way!
Cards

Post by Cards »

nice write-up today on GoHofstra.com about JWF. JWF talks about how important Speedy was in getting him to HU and then continuing to help him develop as a player over the past 18 months. This definitely confirms some of the hopes we all had posted about earlier - and that is that Speedy works hard with the players and they love having him there to learn from. This is absolutely a huge bonus to have Speedy on staff. And going forward, it bodes well for us filling the PG position to complement DB.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Great stuff, and JWF is really becoming something special.

Dare I say, has HU found the leader it so desperately needs? Still needs growth, but the initial signs are starting to show... this would be HUGE for the team, staff, and program going forward.

And he seems like a truly great kid. Pulling for this young man!!

Agree it is great to hear about Speedy's involvement both in recruiting and development - he is absolutely KEY. And I do have faith that HU will land the stud floor general they need.