Game 12 - SUNY SB game

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
joeg1

Game 12 - SUNY SB game

Post by joeg1 »

Not to look past KU, but I got an email today from the ticket office, offering two additional free tickets to the Stony Brook game for all season ticket holders. I guess they want to avoid having the gym overrun by the opposition's fans, like the Bonaventure game. Smart.
Wags

Re: SUNY SB game

Post by Wags »

joeg1 wrote:Not to look past KU, but I got an email today from the ticket office, offering two additional free tickets to the Stony Brook game for all season ticket holders. I guess they want to avoid having the gym overrun by the opposition's fans, like the Bonaventure game. Smart.
Not to nitpick, but people in Kentucky (UK) and Kansas (KU, as in Rock. Chalk. Jayhawk. Kaaaaaaay Uuuuuuuuu.) would be mad at this.

More importantly, yes, very smart. And proactive. Now it's up to the team to put forth a good performance on Tuesday night so those fans will come back!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Not sure if all this recent activity is due to the arrival of Mike Neely but we'll take it...nice to see the school promoting the program...better late than never...as for me I already purchased four additional tix to SBU...may be hitting these boards later with some extra tix to offer.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Great move from Hofstra here. Have to people in the seats. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again. In the past we have made half assed efforts. We have to continue with it. If it doesn't work Tuesday, do it again.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Everyone should take advantage of the offer. If for nothing else, it keeps them out of the other team's hands

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Polito

Post by Polito »

This is EXCELLENT, and this is exactly the kind of things HU needs to be doing for every single home game.

Have to believe this is the Neely effect - keep it going, ROLLPRIDE
Cards

Post by Cards »

I just emailed Michael my request for additional tix. Plan on bringing some loud screaming high school students!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Hofstra made a nice promo video for this game, featuring Willie. Hopefully they play it on the TVs around campus. https://youtu.be/uboKEgGcLis
Polito

Post by Polito »

Haha, good vid, improving marketing, please keep it going - love the pride of LI loge, concept, and shirt design!

Let's get back in the win column, and bury the wolves.

And remember, it's color code B L U E !!!
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:Hofstra made a nice promo video for this game, featuring Willie. Hopefully they play it on the TVs around campus. https://youtu.be/uboKEgGcLis
Ha, cool! He even dapped!

The t-shirts are great with the Island in yellow and the Pride logo marking Hempstead. Good idea and they have a great look!

Not that it matters much, but Joe wearing a Hofstra Lacrosse shirt instead of Hofstra Basketball?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Love it that Joe had the Hofstra Lax shirt underneath. Shows unity among the Hofstra athletic community,All for one and one for all. Not every man or woman for him or herself.Love it when teams support each other.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Looks like we're shaping up to be around five point favorites...ok experts, what are your predictions for this game?
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

We'll cover that :lol:
ProudofPride

Re: Game 12 - SUNY SB game

Post by ProudofPride »

Stephen Gorchov told people on twitter that he was going to have a student assistant restock the media room fridge, but removing all of the coke cans so that there's no red in there for tonight's game. I'm not sure if he was joking, but I hope he was serious because that's actually pretty funny.
Here's the SBU board, they make an interesting comment about both teams' 3 point defense. http://sbufan.createaforum.com/stony-br ... stra-1213/
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Replaced with either Pepsi orRC cola
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Replace it with Bud Light the cans are BLUE
Polito

Post by Polito »

lol RC Cola?!? Stu, that's old school man - used to be one of my favs!

Down with the BL idea HUSID 8-)

And yes, ALL red should be eliminated - the more serious we make this game, the more fun the rivalry becomes! Time to rebound into the W column - the team should be very hungry to re-stake their claim as the #1 D1 on the island after last yrs very close loss. Talent is there, team is gelling, staff is focusing on D and making in-game adjustments on both ends, things are coming together - with a strong HU fan turnout, these guys have the fire and ability to perform in a big way tonight

SBU will battle because it's a rivalry and they have a knowledgable coach - but they are in a major transition. This game is all HU - they just need to play their game, and give a payback beating.

Would like to see Bernardi and Greer play MUCH better - both are really needed this year, and have been way too quiet in general - want to see them rise up these last 2 OOC games heading into CAA play.

ROLLPRIDE
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote: Stephen Gorchov told people on twitter that he was going to have a student assistant restock the media room fridge, but removing all of the coke cans so that there's no red in there for tonight's game.
Ha! That's awesome!

Also change the bulbs on the auxiliary scoreboards, and the red lights around the backboard for shot clock violations & the ends of halves from red to blue (or at least to Hofstra gold). lol
Wags

Post by Wags »

Tonight's game might give us a bit of a clearer picture of how Hofstra (picked 6th in the CAA) might fare in its own league this season.

- Stony Brook lost miserably at Towson (picked 2nd in the CAA), 88-63 (after trailing 50-28 at halftime), in its fourth game this year.
- Three games later, SBU pulled out a close one at home over Northeastern (picked right behind HU, at 7th in the CAA), 77-75.

They're not big (one 7-footer who barely plays and a 6-11 Slovakian forward who only plays about 13 min/game; other than that, a bunch of wings and guards). They love to shoot the 3 -- 43.4% of their FGA are from 3 (they take about 26 and make 8 per game).
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Agreed, very important game for us on several fronts; bragging and recruiting on LI, bounce back from Sunday, getting close to conference play...need to get a better read on what this team will really be like