EvanJ

Re: ALL HU FANS - MAJOR Announcement - PLEASE READ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: Ok I will work on it
Are you working on it?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Yes Evan. Need some time. My son just got married and work is hard as we are short a couple of trainers. Give me another week to get things together
Polito

Post by Polito »

If HU hosts the CAA championship game, that should be the target for the next group gathering - something pre-game - plenty of time to prepare, should be great weather, and a perfect event to get the crew together.

Next would be the NCAA quarters should the cards fall that way. That to me is a MUST gathering event.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Great idea and hope we will be hosting CAAs, although very up in the air after Drexel loss.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

New event please dont miss this one. On june 6th tuesday night the wrestling team holds a fund raising event at the Savoy grill in merrick. Due to appear will be Chris Weidmann, and Kevin James . A couple other celebrities are giving their RSVP over the weekend.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Confirmed June 6th Tuesday night starting at 6 till 10 pm. Gian Vilante Chris Weidmann and half of the UFC card for the July 22nd event will be there as will Kevin James. Waiting to hear from Ray Romano and Adam Sandler
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

stuball888 wrote:Confirmed June 6th Tuesday night starting at 6 till 10 pm. Gian Vilante Chris Weidmann and half of the UFC card for the July 22nd event will be there as will Kevin James. Waiting to hear from Ray Romano and Adam Sandler

That sounds awesome! I wonder if Peter Dante would come with Adam Sandler, since Dante is the one with the Hofstra ties, even though he played lacrosse, not for the wrestling team. And would Phil Rosenthal come with Ramano?
IMG_5075.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I'm not interested in seeing UFC fighters or celebrities.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

EvanJ wrote:I'm not interested in seeing UFC fighters or celebrities.
Tell us how you really feel EvJ
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Just a reminder for tonite at the Savoy from6pm to 10 please join us as the wrestling could use your support
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

EvanJ wrote:I'm not interested in seeing UFC fighters or celebrities.
Why so negative Evan? Whether you are a UFC fan or not Weidman is a Hofstra alum and big supporter of the school and wrestling program. Either way no reason to post if not interested.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

How did the meeting go?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Hi Stu, I'm also interested in how the meeting went. I wouldn't have been able to attend as I had a prior engagement. I'm curious about student/fan attendance and your thoughts on effectiveness of generating support.

We've heard from the coaches - tight budgets and dwindling interest from the student body. Hopefully we are starting to get some ideas on what we can do to improve the situation.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

It wasn't a meeting but a fundraiser for Hofstra wrestling. I hung out with Gian Villante who will be on the July 22nd card with Chris Weidmann. Also spoke with coach Patrovich who wrestled at Hofstra along with his two other brothers. Kevin James and his buddies could not attend as they are working on another project
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

we should probably plan something for august before school starts.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Will be getting together with Polito this weekend. While keep everyone informed
Polito

Post by Polito »

Well, after seeing that home slate, we are going to need all hands on deck this season folks - one positive I can think of is there's only 3 games to focus on having to pack.

Manhattan, SBU, and Nova should be fine on their own.

But we are going to have our hands full helping to create a fan environment for those 3 deflating home games.

I swear, this team better win a helluva lot of games this season. Another average or below-average year will be absolutely brutal to overcome.

Get it done JM.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

There is zero shot this team draws at home vs. our OOC schedule. No offense but if we didn't pack it out last year, we have no shot to do it this year during the beginning of the season. Need to put real teams on the schedule. I understand its not easy to do, but these teams are disgusting. At least try.. Kennesaw State? Army (basketball only), and Molloy? LOLOLOL
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Agreed that Ken St and Molloy are poor but if you add Manhattan and Villanova to the home slate it's not bad. Can't believe they couldn't agree on a date to play Manhattan at the Mack...so now it becomes in effect a neutral site game...Why not play it at the Coliseum? I'm sure it's not totally booked.