Juan'ya Green

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: Juan'ya Green

Post by Polito »

FOCUS Juan'ya!! Create and dish baby, CREATE and DISH!!!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Dishin and swishin! :D
Polito

Post by Polito »

IMO Green played exactly the way I think he's best last night - he drove, he dished, he created - he's not a guy that can take over a game right now - he may never be - but for the time being this is the way he and the team play best

I've been on him so just want to give him the props when deserved. Keep it up Green
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Me too. I have been down on him lately but last night (except when launched a few much needed late 2nd half threes) he played well drove, finished or dished. The entire team battled in the end just couldn't stop NE, they were unconscious.
Polito

Post by Polito »

He can drive you crazy with the head hanging, whining, and how he can go from nonexistent to highlight reel, BUT if he just plays his game plays to his strengths and simply focuses on creating, he and HU are pretty good - not the best in the league yet, but at least top half
Polito

Post by Polito »

Drexel was another excellent game by Green - played completely within his strengths, and the team clearly benefited again - this is a very different team when Green plays like that way - KEEP IT GOING!!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:Drexel was another excellent game by Green - played completely within his strengths, and the team clearly benefited again - this is a very different team when Green plays like that way - KEEP IT GOING!!
6 asts and just 8 (mostly smart) shots by Green, which allowed him to shoot 50% (4-8) while everyone else attempted shots in a balanced way... Moussa's 10 shots (making all of them) were the most. Then Nichols took 9 (made 7), Nesmith 8, Tanskley 7, Bernardi 5, Robisnon 4 (made 3). That's how it should generally go, ideally. Makes it hard for teams to just key on Green or Tanskely when the shot distribution is balanced that well.

Says something about the way you played as a team when no one takes more than 10 shots and you still put up 81 pts on 63% shooting. Very Spurs-like.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Actually very Northeastern like vs HU. Lets just hope those 4 games were just a big bump in the road and this team can keep this mindset straight thru the season and in Baltimore.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Vote for Juan'ya Green for mid-major player of the year. Voting is currently in the round of 32. Marcus Thornton is the only other CAA player. http://www.collegecourtreport.com/ccr-mm-poy.html
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

If JG had a big that could run, catch and finish - he would awesome. His interior passing today has be fantastic.
Wags

Post by Wags »

daHUPride wrote:If JG had a big that could run, catch and finish - he would awesome. His interior passing today has be fantastic.
The no look assist to Moussa was great and showed Juan'ya is really having fun out there today.

Props to HU fans who directed a "We can't hear you!" chant at JMU fans after HU answered JMU's 10-0 run with its own 12-0 run. :)

HU shooting 3-for-10 at the line is the only thing keeping this from being a comfortable lead at the moment.

JMU shot 32.4% (11-34) and 15.4% from 3 (2-13) after torching HU from 2 and 3 exactly a week ago tonight.

HU was clearly the better team in the first half. Would be very disappointing if the Pride can't finish this one off and go into tomorrow with a lot of good reasons to give W&M much cause for concern.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Congrats to Juan'ya for making this year's CAA All-Tournament Team!

He should be in the running for CAA POY next season.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Wags wrote:Congrats to Juan'ya for making this year's CAA All-Tournament Team!

I would say he should be the favorite to win it.
dan10

Post by dan10 »

daHUPride wrote:

Really? What about this years runner up Damion Lee?
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

dan10 wrote:
daHUPride wrote:

He'll probably get hurt again!
dan10

Post by dan10 »

HUSID80 wrote:
He'll probably get hurt again!
Nobody can predict that, but if thats what that response is based on then ok. Both players should be exciting next year, along with Tarpey for W&M and a few others across the league.
Wags

Post by Wags »

dan10 wrote:
daHUPride wrote:

I think Lee will be on the First Team next year, but the reason I say Green for POY favorite over Lee is that while Lee will likely be a better scorer on a team that may not contend, Green should be a better all-around player than Lee on a team that should contend for a CAA title.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Juan'ya named a finalist for the 2015 Riley Wallace Award - pretty good honor among all transfers nationally:

http://gohofstra.com/news/2015/4/1/MBB_0401152128.aspx

He's on the list with Kentucky-to-Gonzaga transfer Kyle Wiltjer:

http://www.wallaceallamerica.com/

The winner will be announced at a banquet during Final Four weekend in Indy.